Step #9: Improve/CQI
Step 9 of the GTO framework is to make a plan for continuous quality improvement (CQI) of the program. CQI involves the systematic assessment and feedback of evaluation information about planning, implementation, and outcomes to improve programs.
The resources below may help you plan for CQI strategies for your intervention.
Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI)
- Population Health Improvement Partners is a national resource for quality improvement among public health organizations. Improvement Partner's mission is to collaborate with local, state, and national partners to transform the public health system to foster and support CQI.
- Tool: Improvement Partner's QI Toolbox is a collection of continuously-updated QI resources and tools designed to be a “one-stop shopping" destination for improvement for public health organizations.
- Tool: Organizational Culture of Quality Self Assessment Tool enables local health departments with prior QI experience to assess their performance in key domains related to a culture of CQI. This assessment is more time-intensive than the Roadmap linked below.
- Tool: Roadmap to a Culture of Quality Improvement helps local health departments with little or no QI experience to assess their current QI culture, then establish and sustain a culture of CQI. The site defines phases of a culture of quality and suggests ways for organizations to progress through each of these phases.
- Tool: The Public Health Quality Check-up: This tool guides you through the 9 Aims of a strong public health program, as defined by the U.S. Dept. of Health & Human Services, and helps you identify your public health strengths and quality improvement goals for the next 12 months.